Try our delicious Zucchini, Ricotta & Pea Frittatas!
These individual frittatas contain the green goodness of zucchini and peas while also providing a nice hit of meat-free protein from the eggs and ricotta. They are also the perfect size for packing in the lunchbox!
If your little one can’t stand the sight of whole green things, you could also process all ingredients together in a food processor.
If you try these yummy Zucchini, Ricotta and Pea Frittatas, make sure to take a photo and tag us on Instagram!
For more finger foods head to our Finger Food & Toddler category!
4 x Nourishing Bubs Zucchini Cubes, defrosted
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup chives or spring onions, finely sliced (optional)
1/4 cup mint, finely chopped (optional)
1 cup peas, defrosted
1 cup ricotta
1 cup wholemeal (spelt) flour
2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Spray mini loaf tins (8 x 5cm x 9cm) with olive oil spray or brush with olive oil.
- Combine Nourishing Bubs zucchini puree, eggs, chives, mint, baking powder and flour and mix to combine. Mix in peas.
- Finally, stir through ricotta until just combined.
- Pour the mixture approximately half way up the moulds.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer and brown on the top.
- Serve cold or warm.
NB: You may also like to incorporate some extra grated zucchini, in which case, be sure to use a tiny sprinkle of salt to help extract as much water as possible. Grated zucchini can be incorporated in step 2.