A delicious and not overly sweet loaf that can be served on its own or with a generous smear of nut butter or ricotta. This recipe is free from nuts making it a great lunchbox addition. Individual slices can also be frozen.
2 cups wholemeal flour
1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
½ cup cranberries or sultanas (or other dried fruit)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 ½ tsp baking powder
2 eggs or 2 tbsp psyllium husk (vegan)
12 blocks Nourishing Bubs Zucchini blocks, defrosted OR 300g Zucchini puree
½ cup desiccated coconut
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
Shaved coconut, for topping
- Preheat oven to 180°. Grease and line a standard loaf tin.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine Nourishing Bubs Zucchini Puree (defrosted blocks), eggs, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract. Add to dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour mixture into tin, sprinkle with coconut and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool slightly in tin before turning out.
- Wait until cool before slicing.