These tasty and moist wholemeal fruit muffins are a more nutrient-dense version of a household favourite.
Naturally sweetened with our Nourishing Bubs fruit purees to boost the fibre and vitamin content. The maple syrup is optional and particularly for younger children, this is certainly NOT necessary. We have used wholemeal flour as a healthier alternative to more refined white flour.
While the recipe makes 10 standard muffins, it can easily be used to make 24+ mini muffins (reduce cooking time to ~10-15 mins) which would be suitable for toddlers. Any fruit can be used as a decorative topping but we opted for Nectarines as they are currently in season, and deliciously sweet and delicious. For younger children, we would recommend chopping into smaller pieces.
This recipe is suitable for children aged 9 months and up and makes the perfect lunchbox addition, providing a nutritious boost of energy!
1 ½ cups wholemeal flour
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate soda
¼ cup coconut oil, melted or light olive oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup maple syrup (optional)
4 cubes Nourishing Bubs Pear, defrosted
4 cubes Nourishing Bubs Plum, defrosted
4 cubes Nourishing Bubs Apple, defrosted
Fresh nectarines to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- Combine eggs, maple syrup and Nourishing Bubs Apple, Pear and Plum puree in a jug and pour into dry ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Finally add coconut oil or olive oil and stir quickly to prevent it returning to solid before it has been mixed in.
- Spoon mixture into liners and top each with sliced nectarine pieces. Bake for 25 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.