These are always a winner with toddlers, children and adults. Serve with salad, roasted veggies, sweet potato chips or as is!
600g snapper, or other firm white fish
1 cup coconut flour, lightly seasoned with S&P
1 cup Panko crumbs
2-3 eggs, lightly beaten
Oil, for cooking (opt for extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil)
Mayonnaise / tartare sauce, to serve
Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Cut fish into 1cm wide, finger-like pieces.
2. Dip each piece of fish in coconut flour and shake of excess.
3. Move each piece of fish from coconut flour to egg mixture to panko crumbs, shaking excess off after each dip. Repeat with remaining fish.
4. Cover base of medium saucepan, with approximately a centimetre of oil and heat over medium heat. Add fish pieces in batches and cook until golden brown on all sides. Remove from oil and drain on paper towelling.
5. Serve as is or a side of your choice! We love them with a salad, roasted veggies, or sweet potato chips.