These Bacon Veggie Frittatas are super easy and can be filled with anything you like and using whatever is in your fridge as long as you have some eggs on hand!
In this version, we have used a combination of bacon and vegetables but you can make them entirely vegetable, swap the cheddar for feta or goats cheese and even use roasted vegetables! It really is up to you. You simply place the fillings at the bottom of the pan and cover them with the egg mixture. They can easily be prepared then frozen and defrosted as required.
They are suitable for children aged 8 months up, however, make sure the fillings are chopped up into smaller bits for younger children.
If you try these Bacon Veggie Frittatas make sure to take a photo and tag us on Instagram!
For more breakfast ideas head to our Breakfast category!
8 eggs, beaten
½ roasted capsicum, diced
1 onion, diced
4 x Nourishing Bubs Zucchini Cubes (defrosted) or 1 zucchini, finely grated
3-4 rashes bacon, diced
1 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line tins with patty pans or use silicon moulds if you have them (I find the frittatas can be quite hard to come out of even a well greased tin).
- Heat a medium frypan over medium heat. Add bacon to pan and cook for 2 minutes then add onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes until onion is softened and bacon lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Put a spoon of onion and bacon mixture into each muffin hole. Sprinkle with a few pieces of capsicum, zucchini and cheese.
- If using defrosted Nourishing Bubs Zucchini cubes mix with beaten eggs. Pour egg mixture over veggie mix, 3/4 of the way up the muffin patties.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until set and golden brown.