These bacon and zucchini mini frittatas are the perfect toddler breakfast or snack.
Packed with protein from eggs and bacon, plus a hidden serve of veggies thanks to the zucchini puree, these tiny morsels are super easy and so delicious. You can even make a batch and store in the freezer so they are always ready on hand.
Ideally suitable from 9 months – The bacon pieces will require a little chewing so suitable once baby has developed 2-4 teeth and has previously tried eggs, dairy and wheat, as these are all known allergens.
If you try these Bacon & Zucchini Mini Frittatas as a toddler breakfast make sure to take a photo and tag us on Instagram!
For more finger foods head to our Finger Food & Toddler category!
4 x Nourishing Bubs Zucchini Puree blocks, defrosted
4 x eggs, lightly beaten
2 x rashes bacon, rind removed and diced
1/3 cup cheese, grated
2 heaped tablespoons wholemeal SR flour (can be omitted for a gluten free option)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 24-hole mini muffin tin extremely well using butter / oil.
- Heat a medium frypan over medium heat. Add bacon to pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until bacon is lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Combine bacon with remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into greased mini muffin tins.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until set and golden brown.
To store: Frittatas can be kept in the refrigerator for 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.