These delicious baked doughnuts are made with sweet potato for some hidden veggies even the fussiest of eaters won’t notice. Unlike their namesake, this version is more nice than it is naughty. It makes a sweet treat that you can feel good about feeding your kids and enjoying yourself!
1 ½ cups wholemeal flour
1/3 cup cacao
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate soda
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
½ cup coconut oil, melted
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup Sweet Potato Puree or 300g NB Sweet Potato Blocks, defrosted
½ cup choc chips
½ cup coconut cream
200g dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease donut tin with coconut oil.
- Combine all dry ingredients, except chocolate chips in a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- Combine eggs, maple syrup and puree in a jug and pour into dry ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Finally add coconut oil and stir quickly to prevent it returning to solid before it has been mixed in. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture into donut tin. Bake for 25 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- Combine dark chocolate and coconut cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir regularly until chocolate has melted and cream is mixed in. Spread mixture over donuts.