These delicious, cheesy cauliflower fritters are so scrumptious, your kids won’t even know they are packed with the goodness of cauliflower.
They can be served warm or cold, although there is something so great about that cheese oozing out! These cheesy cauliflower fritters are suitable for children aged 8-9 months once they have tried eggs, wheat and dairy foods but also make a great addition to school lunchboxes for the older children in the house.
The addition of spring onion makes them a little more ‘gourmet’ but if your children are particularly fussy about green things they can certainly be left out (and gradually introduced in small amounts). In this recipe, we’re using parmesan cheese but it can also be swapped for cheddar or halloumi! Also suitable for freezing.
If you try these Cheesy Cauliflower Fritters, take a photo and tag us on Instagram!
For more finger foods head to our Finger Food & Toddler category!
4 x 25g Nourishing Bubs Cauliflower Puree, defrosted
2 spring onions, finely chopped (optional)
1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
1/4 cup Wholemeal self – raising flour
Extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat medium pan over medium heat. Pour a teaspoon of oil in pan.
- Add 1/3 cup mixture into pan. You may be able to do more than one fritter at a time depending on pan size but make sure you have enough space to get the spatula in to flip it.
- Cook for 1.5-2minutes per side.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.