These mini Cheesy Bacon & Veggie Muffins got the big thumbs up from a number of little (and big) taste testers so we hope you love them as much as they did!
Packed with the goodness of broccoli and spinach, yet the little ones won’t even know it is hidden in these delicious little veggie muffins. The bacon is optional and can certainly be left out or swapped for pieces of capsicum!
These are suitable for bubs aged 8-9 months however if they have no teeth the bacon will need to also be pureed in step 4.
For dairy-free – leave out the cheese and swap the milk for a milk alternative such as soy, almond or oat.
For egg-free – (I personally haven’t tried, however) try swapping each egg for a flax or chia egg where you mix 1 tbsp chia/flaxseed with 3 tbsp water then allow to sit for 10 mins before adding to the mixture. The muffins won’t rise as much but the flax/chia egg will act as a binder.
If you try these Cheesy Bacon & Veggie Muffins, take a photo and tag us on Instagram!
For more finger foods head to our Finger Food & Toddler category!
1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
½ cup cheese
4 x 25g Nourishing Bubs Broccoli cubes, defrosted (or 100g broccoli steamed)
100g bacon, diced (optional)
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tightly packed cups Spinach
2 tbsp milk of your choice
2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a mini muffin pan with olive oil spray (grease well otherwise these will stick or use silicon moulds or line with patty liners)
- Sauté or steam the spinach with a touch of water until it is wilted. Allow to cool slightly then squeeze out moisture and chop roughly.
- In a small saucepan, cook the bacon for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool.
- Place all ingredients, except bacon into a food processor. Process until mixture is combined.
- Stir in bacon pieces.
- Spoon mixture into muffin holes. Back for 13-15 minutes or until lightly golden on top.