A delicious, moist loaf naturally sweetened with apple puree and maple syrup. The almond meal gives the loaf a healthy dose of good fat and protein. The use of quinoa flakes and almond meal also makes it a great gluten free option. The loaf freezes perfectly and is best frozen pre-sliced.
2 cups quinoa flakes
1 cup almond meal
½ cup almond milk
½ cup sultanas/raisins
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup pure maple syrup/honey
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
12 Blocks Nourishing Bubs Apple Puree (1 cup or ~300g) OR 8 Blocks Nourishing Bubs Apple Puree + 4 Blocks Nourishing Bubs Pear Puree
Apple slices for decorating
- Preheat oven to 180°. Grease and line a standard loaf tin.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine Nourishing Bubs Apple Puree (defrosted blocks), eggs, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Add to dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour mixture into tin, decorate with fresh apple slices and bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool slightly in tin before turning out.
- Allow to cool then slice.